Module 1: One-day workshop "Dutch employment law for contemporary management (Basic)"
In this workshop the focus is on the basics of Dutch labour law and its application. We reflect on the most recent developments in legislation, court decisions and regulations.
You will gain both theoretical and practical insight into the legal aspects of employment relationship and the traditional HR instruments, in which we consider the most recent developments in legislation and regulations and their correct interpretation and application.
We focus on practical solutions that are in alignment with yourself, your values, ambitions and challenges – and those of your organization.
During the workshop, we honour contemporary views on leadership and organizing, with attention to the autonomy of employees and teams and the notions of #puttingpeoplefirst #newleadership.
Professionally, you know what to do as an (HR) manager, but you experience a lack of knowledge in the field of Dutch employment law – or you want to refresh this knowledge.
The following questions on Dutch labour law & HRM will be addressed in the workshop:
- What is my role in recruitment & selection, in the collaboration between HR department (if there is one) and management? How do we look at job evaluation and remuneration?
- What are the do’s and don’ts regarding common clauses such as confidentiality, a non-competition and non-solicitation clause, probation period, etc.?
- What are the legal ins & outs of the different types of employment contracts, with attention to flexible forms of employment such as temporary, on-call, min-max, temporary agency workers, self-employed workers, etc.?
- What are the rules and customs regarding holidays, (informal) care leave, (un)paid and emergency leave, etc.? How do I deal with illness & reintegration? How do I deal with industrial conflicts (if they arise)?
- How do I conduct or supervise the conversation about the performance and behaviour of employees? What is the relationship between wishes and requirements in the field of development, training and improvement processes?
- What requirements are set for file formation in the event of intended dismissal? What is the role of the manager and the HR department in the (preparation of) dismissal procedures at UWV and subdistrict court judge?
- What is the role of management and HR in reorganisations? With attention to redeployment obligations, social plan, choice of dismissal, role of seniority and the principle of reflection, etc.
- What role do management and HR play towards employee participation bodies and/or trade unions?
After attending this workshop – with a maximum of eight participants:
- You will know the basics of Dutch labour law and its application in employment law and regulations.
- You will also have knowledge of the most current developments.
- You will know how to apply the above in practice in alignment with yourself, your values, ambitions and challenges – and those of your organization.
- You will go home with tools for solutions provided by both the trainer/legal expert and the other participants for the cases you brought to the table during the workshop, so you can achieve concrete results.
- You will receive a ‘Certificate of Achievement’.
The workshops are held from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. in Villa Mollerus (Mollerusstraat 1) in Baarn, 10 m. walk from Baarn train station, circa 30 min. from Amsterdam and Utrecht. Parking is free. The workshops always include an extensive lunch, in the same building.
‘On location’ workshops are hybrid, i.e. they allow for online participation as well, which works well given the fact that we work in small groups (maximum number of 8 participants). The prices for the on-site and online workshops are the same.
We also offer this workshop as an in-company or as a one-on-one session, customized to the needs of your organization and yourself.
Dates in 2022
€ 795, excluding VAT, including reading materials, lunch, tea/coffee.
If your branch, professional or network organization has a cooperation agreement with us, a discount may apply. Indicate this under remarks during registration, stating the organization.
We provide a ‘Certificate of Achievement’.