Module 1: One-day workshop "Dutch employment law for contemporary management (Basic)"
In terms of content, you know well what to do as a manager or HR-professional working in an international company based in the Netherlands. But you experience a lack of knowledge in the field of Dutch labour law and personnel management in the Dutch context – or you want to refresh this knowledge. Because the laws and regulations in this area are complex, constantly changing and require precise application.
In this workshop you will gain theoretical and practical insight at the basic level of Dutch labour law. We will reflect on the most recent developments of legislation and regulations and their practical implications.
The following questions are addressed in the workshop:
- What is my role in recruitment & selection, in the collaboration between management and the HR department (if there is one)? How do we look at job evaluation and remuneration?
- What are the do’s and don’ts around common terms such as confidentiality, a non-competition and relationship clause, trial periods etc.?
- What are the legal ins & outs of the different types of employment contracts, with a focus on flexible forms of work such as temporary, on-call, min-max, temporary agency workers, self-employed workers, etc.?
- What are the rules and customs regarding vacation, (informal) care leave, (un) paid and emergency leave etc.? How do I deal with illness & reintegration? How do I deal with labour disputes, when they arise?
- How do I conduct a conversation about the performance and behavior of employees – and myself? What is the relationship between aspirations and requirements in the field of development, training and improvement processes? What are the legal requirements of the Performance Improvement Plan -and of instant dismissal?
- What requirements are set for ‘file building’ in the event of intended dismissal? What is my role as a manager or HR-professional in the (preparation of) dismissal procedures at UWV and sub district court judge?
- What is my role as a manager or Hr-professional in reorganizations ? With attention to relocation obligations, social plan, dismissal choice, role of seniority and reflection principle etc.
- What role do I play as a manager or HR-professional towards employee participation bodies such as the Works Council, as well as towards trade unions?
Benefits from the programme
After attending this workshop with a maximum of six participants, you are aware of the most current developments in Dutch Labour Law and HR-regulations and you know how to apply them practically.
You go home with concrete solutions for the cases you brought in during the workshop, so that you can achieve concrete results. A certificate of achievement is provided.
The workshops are held from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. in Villa Mollerus in Baarn, 10 m. walk from Baarn train station (Mollerusstraat 1, circa 30 min. from Amsterdam and Utrecht). Parking is free. They always include an extensive lunch, in the same building.
‘On location’ workshops are hybrid, i.e. they allow for online participation as well, which works well given the fact that we work in small groups (maximum number of 6 participants). The prices for the on-site and online workshops are the same.
Dates in 2022
- May 17
- June 1
- July 6
- You can follow the module / workshop in-company or on a one-on-one basis customized to the needs of your organization and yourself. More info:
€ 795, excluding VAT, including reading materials, lunch, tea/coffee.
If your branch, professional or network organization has a cooperation agreement with us, a discount may apply. Indicate this under remarks during registration, stating the organization.