Module 2: One-day workshop “Contemporary HRM in the Netherlands (Advanced)”
In this workshop the focus is on contemporary HR philosophies, tools and approaches and their practical application in relation to Dutch labour law.
Many organizations focus on new forms of leadership and organization. It is up to the organization and you as a manager, within the context of Dutch employment law frameworks, to develop and / or apply contemporary HR tools and practices based on them. How do you tackle this challenge
In this workshop we deal with the many Dutch contemporary HR philosophies and their practical implementation, whereby we mainly deal with those trends that are relevant to you and your organization. Your own cases are leading.
What are new philosophies, approaches and forms of leadership & organization?
- Self-organization of teams
- Agile work, including with squads and tribes
- Sociocracy and Holacracy
- The “Spotify” model
- Platform, open source and multi-dimensional organizations
- Addressing “wholeness”; human value comes first
- What are the pros and cons and points for attention of these new philosophies, approaches and forms of leadership & organization?
- What are commonly used and practical HR tools and practices within the aforementioned trends? Among other things, we pay attention to:
- Recruitment by team colleagues
- Roles instead of functions and task descriptions
- Goal definition & target setting by employees and teams
- Flexible handling of leave / vacation, as required
- Self-assessment (by employees and teams)
- Determining level and annual remuneration by the team themselves
- Development interviews within a team instead of appraisal interviews
- Dismissal only after a defined conflict resolution mechanism with mediation
- Group-oriented decision making (often based on indigenous traditions and “live” or digital dialogue forms).
What are the implications of these HR tools and practices, answered by questions such as:
- How do we ensure that all HR tools and approaches are aligned with each other and with the overarching philosophy?
- Do we want to abandon the ‘HR cycle’-talks, what will we replace it with? If a mandatory collective labour agreement / personnel policy is in place , what adjustments can we make to implement a contemporary HR policy?
- How do we proceed with regard to the implementation of contemporary HR policy? With a “big bang” or step-by-step? With small experiments in parts of the organization? By placing a new organization in the current one, which is not constrained by the existing systems and culture?
Benefits from the programme
After attending this workshop with a maximum of six participants, you know how you can best fulfill your role as a manager or Hr-professional in a way that suits you and your organization with the help of contemporary HR instruments, within the context of Dutch employment law frameworks.
In addition, you go home with handles for solutions to the cases you brought in during the workshop so that you can achieve concrete results.
A certificate of achievement is provided.
The workshops are held from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. in Villa Mollerus in Baarn, 10 m. walk from Baarn train station (Mollerusstraat 1, circa 30 min. from Amsterdam and Utrecht). They always include an extensive lunch, in the same building.
‘On location’ workshops are hybrid, i.e. they allow for online participation as well, which works well given the fact that we work in small groups (maximum number of 6 participants). The prices for the on-site and online workshops are the same.
We also offer this workshop as an in-company or as a one-on-one session, customized to the needs of your organization and yourself.
Dates in 2022
Monday June 13 ( or in consultation – contact us)
€ 795, excluding VAT, including reading materials, lunch, coffee/tea.
If your branch, professional or network organization has a cooperation agreement with us, a discount may apply. Indicate this under remarks during registration, stating the organization.