One-day workshop “Global Labour Laws Western European countries & USA”
As an HR-professional or manager working in an international company with global and/or regional presence you wish to gain expertise in the labour laws of multiple countries.
You may have an understanding of employment law and HR of one country and also want to be knowledgeable about other countries you have responsibility for. You would like to not only understand the “Law of the Land” of different countries but also understand the context, dynamics, sensitivities and priorities of industrial relations and employee relations of those countries
This workshop, with its overview of the employment laws of a number of countries that are relevant for yourself and the other participants, equips you to provide the right (HR) leadership and take prudent decisions related to people and management.
While you are operating from your regional headquarters or global headquarters: what are the questions to ask your advisors, inside or outside your company -and how do you appreciate and trust the information available with you?
Individual attention is guaranteed with a maximum group size of six participants, with focus on the main points of the labour laws of Western European Countries (UK, Germany, France, Belgium, Spain, Italy, the Netherlands), the USA and one additional country you wish to see included in the session.
Who should be taking this programme
- HR professionals
- Experienced HR professionals playing global and regional roles
- Business managers in global and regional roles
- HR and Business Managers planning to expand into other countries
- Legal Professionals
- Employee Relations Specialists
During the workshop we will cover
- The characteristics and basics of labour & employment Law for the various Western European countries (UK, Germany, France, Belgium, Spain, Italy, the Netherlands, & the USA, and if any other country in the world you would be interested in
- Several commonalities and differences in labour law, employment relations , legal & HR (procedural systems) in various Western European countries
- The labour law statutory due diligence that is needed to incubate new operations or to expand operations in different countries
- The contracting models and employment terms of various countries
- Handling reorganization, restructuring, takeover and merger in different countries
- Equip you to deal with external parties, e.g. law firms in various countries
- The philosophies and guidelines on employee benefits in the various countries
- Understanding of the salary, wage structures and minimum wages of different countries
- Role of employee representative groups and/or trade unions in different countries.
Benefits from the programme
- You gain knowledge of the main points of the labour law & HR of various Western European countries, USA and one other country of your choice
- Insights, dynamics, sensitivities regarding labour relations of different countries
- Understanding of the latest developments in the labour laws across multiple countries
- Cross learning from diverse set of professionals from different countries and backgrounds
- Individual attention with maximum group size of six participants
- Focus on the types of issues that you wish to bring to the session
- A certificate of achievement is provided.
The workshops are held from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. in Baarn (Villa Mollerus, Mollerusstraat 1), a 10 m. walk from Baarn train station, circa 30 min. from Amsterdam and Utrecht. The workshops always include an extensive lunch, in the same building.
Our workshops are also offered in the form of a ‘live webinar’ and all workshops are available in the form of a one-on-one workshop or on an in company basis, with different prices.
‘On location’ workshops are hybrid, i.e. they allow for online participation as well, which works well given the fact that we work in small groups (maximum number of 8 participants). The prices for the on-site and online workshops are the same.
Dates in 2022
€ 795,- excluding VAT, including English language reading material, lunch, coffee/tea.
If your branch, professional or network organization has a cooperation agreement with us, a discount may apply. Indicate this under remarks during registration
This workshop was developed by mr.drs. Arthur Hol, who also acts as teacher/trainer in the workshops.
Arthur (1969) is a Partner at the Amsterdam-based law firm De Koning Vergouwen Advocaten (a member of Globaladvocaten, an international network of leading law firms) , specializing in Employment Law, and programme director at Governance University.
He is a former international HR Manager at Royal Dutch Shell and KLM. He holds university degrees in both Law and organizational psychology.
This background enables Arthur to make this workshop very practical, taking different business angles into account, as well as interactive (prior to the workshop session, participants will be invited to submit cases for discussion purposes).
During this workshop / course, insights will be given into the best practices of relevant multinational companies.