Module 4: One-day Workshop "Non-performance and undesirable behaviour, incl. file building (Performance Management)"
In this workshop for managers and HR professionals we discuss employment law frameworks and practical tips in light of designing ‘improvement processes’ in the event of alleged non-performance and undesirable behaviour, for example based on a code of conduct, warnings and intervention.
We refer to contemporary notions of what it takes to be a good employer and look at good employment practices.
We will discuss approaches and instruments needed for file building. And, of course, we also pay attention to the prevention of non-performance and undesirable behaviour.
We do this in a way that suits you, your values, ambitions and challenges – and those of your organisation.
The following topics will be covered in this workshop:
- Dealing with perceived non-performance. How should you deal with an employee who always refuses to wear protective equipment when performing his job, or with an employee who is regularly late? How should you act towards employees who do not comply with the procedural rules when reporting sick, or who execute their work so carelessly that the company suffers damages? What should you do with an employee who can no longer keep up with his work? How much effort do you have to make as an employer to keep them employed? What requirements must an improvement project meet?
- Dealing with undesirable behaviour. How do you prevent undesirable behaviour by paying attention to core values and codes of conduct? How do you translate a code of conduct into warnings and interventions, including suspension and immediate dismissal? What are the employment law frameworks and practical tips for investigating and handling complaints?
- File building remains an important point of attention. Without a good file structure, there will be no termination of the employment contract with an employee who continues to malfunction despite many conversations. Do you still have to try to keep them employed, or can you suffice with striving for dismissal? What are the legal requirements for a comprehensive personnel file and how do you deal with this in practice? Bottlenecks in dismissal & filing.
- What ground for dismissal forms the basis of a non-performance file? And how do you provide the correct substantiation for that ground? When is the file ready for dismissal? How can it be demonstrated that the employee has been offered an improvement program, that a suitable training offer has been made and that there are no options for transfer?
- Of course, we also pay attention to: how do you conduct a continuous and motivating conversation about the performance and behaviour of employees – and yourself? What is the relationship between the wishes and requirements in the field of development, training, and improvement processes, in relation to the ambitions and goal of the organization?
At the end of this workshop, with a maximum of eight participants, in which we also work with your own cases:
- You will have knowledge of employment law frameworks for dealing with alleged non-performance and undesirable behaviour, based on contemporary notions of what it takes to be a good employer and, good employment practices.
- You know how to deal with situations in which discontinuation of the employment relationship seems inevitable.
- You have tools for concrete solutions for the cases you brought to the table during the workshop.
- You will have received suggestions for having a continuous motivational dialogue your employees.
- You will receive a ‘Certificate of Achievement’.
The workshops are held from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. in Villa Mollerus (Mollerusstraat 1) in Baarn, 10 m. walk from Baarn train station, circa 30 min. from Amsterdam and Utrecht. The workshops always include an extensive lunch, in the same building.
‘On location’ workshops are hybrid, i.e. they allow for online participation as well, which works well given the fact that we work in small groups (maximum number of 8 participants). The prices for the on-site and online workshops are the same.
We also offer this workshop as an in-company or as a one-on-one session, customized to the needs of your organization and yourself.
Dates in 2022 & 2023
€ 795, excluding 21% VAT, including reading materials, lunch, coffee/tea.
If your branch, professional or network organization has a cooperation agreement with us, a discount may apply. Indicate this under remarks during registration, stating the organization.
We provide a ‘Certificate of Achievement’.