Module 7: One-day workshop “The Employment Contract: Permanent and Flexible"
In this workshop we will discuss the diversity of employment contracts from permanent to flexible and the diversity of clauses that can be included in these contracts. Think of zero hours, min-max, permanent and self-employed contracts and probation, non-competition and confidentiality clauses, etcetera.
We will also go into the characteristics, advantages and disadvantages and tips for the use of contracts and clauses in practice, based on contemporary notions of good employment practices. We will do this in a way that suits you, your values, ambitions and challenges – and – those of your organisation.
The entry into force of the “Transparent and Predictable Employment Conditions” Act with effect from 1 August 2022, based on a European directive, may be a good reason to critically review the formats you use for permanent and flexible employment contracts and adjust parts.
The following topics will be covered in this workshop:
- The role of the employment contract, legally watertight contract formation, job and role description.
- What are the new legal ins & outs of the different forms of employment contracts: permanent and flexible.
- In the context of flexible contracts, we will discuss:
- Fixed-term employment contracts, on -call, min-max, temporary agency workers, secondment, apprenticeship/employment contract, internship contract, payrolling, labour pools, contracting and freelance contracts (‘contract agreement’) etc.
- Which method of hiring personnel best suits our organization and what are the advantages and disadvantages of the different choices?
- For both permanent and flexible contracts, we will discuss provisions and stipulations with regard to the following subjects: probationary period, fines, non-competition, the non-solicitation clause, recruiting customers and/or employees, confidentiality, unilateral change of employment conditions, study costs, ancillary activities, wages in case of illness, reintegration obligations, vacation during illness, etc.
The entire workshop is geared towards helping you achieve concrete results in your current challenges. After following this workshop with a maximum of eight participants:
- You will have an overview of the different forms of employment contracts and terms and conditions with their characteristics and advantages and disadvantages.
- This gives you practical tools for the design and possible adjustment of the contracts and stipulations that your organization uses, as well as for the specific cases you brought to the table during the workshop.
- You will receive a ‘Certificate of Achievement’.
The workshops are held from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. in Villa Mollerus (Mollerusstraat 1) in Baarn, 10 m. walk from Baarn train station, circa 30 min. from Amsterdam and Utrecht. The workshops always include an extensive lunch, in the same building.
‘On location’ workshops are hybrid, i.e. they allow for online participation as well, which works well given the fact that we work in small groups (maximum number of 8 participants). The prices for the on-site and online workshops are the same.
We also offer the module / workshop on an in-company or on a one-on-one basis, customized to the needs of your organization, with different prices.
Dates in 2022 & 2023
€ 795, excluding VAT, including reading materials, lunch, coffee/tea.
If your branch, professional or network organization has a cooperation agreement with us, a discount may apply. Indicate this under remarks during registration, stating the organization.
We provide a ‘Certificate of Achievement’.